Curriculum / Learning
Dixons City Academy is committed to providing a curriculum that will prepare students for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of adult life and meet the aims of the Academy Value Statement.
The aims of our curriculum are to:
- maximise student progress in all areas, regardless of ability, disability, gender or race
- foster successful learners who enjoy learning, make progress and achieve
- encourage confidence in our students so that they are able to live safe, healthy and fulfilling lives
- ensure that our students become responsible citizens who make a positive contribution to society
- equip students with the skills (identified as Dixons skills) needed to participate in the technological, economic, social and cultural life of the country
- ensure that students develop the essential skills for learning, life and employment by incorporating personal, learning and thinking and functional skills into their curriculum offer
- encourage students to develop the skills needed for employment by including opportunities for business challenges and applied learning in real contexts
- ensure students have high aspirations and self-esteem and accept responsibility for their learning
- offer students the opportunity for moral and spiritual reflection in order to promote positive emotional health and confidence.
We do this by offering a curriculum that is personalised, which is broad, balanced and coherent.